Friday, October 5, 2007

Using Time Unwisely

I have a brother inlaw that rides a bike to work 13 miles each way. After working all day and 26 total miles of biking he comes home occupies his time around the house doing whatever work he can. He is affectionately referred to as the Energizer Bunny because he never stops working.

Admittedly, I am nothing like my brother inlaw. I drive to work and I work hard at work but when I get home I typically don't want to do anything but rest and relax. There are always a big pile of things around the home that I know I should be doing but things always seem to take forever to get done because I just don't do them.

This sort of approach to life is fine if you have no intention of ever doing anything beyond what you are currently doing. But I do have other hopes and dreams beyond working at a meaningless job. I love spending time at home with my family when I get home from work but at the same time, if I'm not doing anything to improve our living conditions at home then I'm not doing my job as a husband and father.

One of the first steps toward self-employment: Using your time wisely ALL the time!

No comments: