Monday, March 17, 2008

Where Productivity Begins

Well I managed to find my file that contained my Productivity Points spreadsheet. So this week I am planning on getting started with it again. I've found after not doing it for 2 months that it really does make a difference in what I get accomplished around the house.

Quick recap for those of you new to my blog: The idea of Productivity Points is that you make a list of everything you want/need to get done in the course of a week and then assign how many times during the week you think that thing should be done. Items on the list should ideally be done that many times (some tweaking may be necessary) and no more than the number you have assigned it, because then you are taking away time from something else on the list that might need done. I use this project for things outside of my normal real world job. For example I have a total of 31 available points on my list and 10 of those are taken up with Chores around the house. The other 21 things are split up between things that could potentially aid me in my pursuit of self-employment/self-sufficiency. Historically when I've been working on this Productivity project, the chores get done and just a few other things, which is what I was dealing with before even trying to do this. So the real challenge is finding a way to use my time at home for more than just doing chores.

No comments: